Friday, March 16, 2012

The Daily Bread (Minus the Yeast)

The picture does not do this "oval brick" justice


The day before I prepared this loaf my son, said: "Dad this is the best loaf you've ever made".  For that days bread I had added 1 tsp of Rosemary, several grindings of black pepper, 2 T of sesame seeds and 2 minced garlic cloves.
That night I double downed on additives for the next day's Daily bread.  Adding 4 minced garlic cloves, black pepper, 2 T of sesame seeds and 1 T rosemary.  Unfortunately, with all the focus on additives, I neglected the most important part---yeast.
You may think this loaf is ruined and worthless.  Actually, this loaf would make a great doorstop or would serve as an excellent paperweight during a hurricane.  This loaf would also be an acceptable choice for a very short game of Frisbee with your favorite Planned Parenthood defunder and reproductive rights inhibiting republican official. 
Think this is the first loaf, we've had to toss (didn't go far) in all the years of baking the Daily Bread.  It was a humbling and very humorous experience that I'm delighted to share with my friends and readers. 
submitted for your amusement

No comments:

Post a Comment