Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Update on Rush Limbaugh

Available from Amazon

In wonderful news 12 34* sponsors of Rush Limbaugh have pulled their ads from his show.  In addition, two radio stations have refused to air his show.  Real progress in only three days on removing Rush from the Airwaves.
Below is Rush's "apology".  Rush conducted a sustained 3 day attack on Ms. Fluke.  It was not just using offensive language.  This "apology" was posted on his website.  Sandra Fluke, the most important person in this controversy was not impressed or satisfied with Mr. Rush's words.

"In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.....
My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."
No one uses language like that in order to be humorous.  Rush wasn't trying to be funny, he was attempting to shame and silence this young college student.   He was also changing the subject from contraception to sexual activity.  While access to contraception is a legitimate topic for discussion the sexual activities of college students is not an acceptable topic for public discussion. 


The republican presidential candidates have failed on this issue. Romney has said:
"I'll just say this, which is, it's not the language I would have used ... I'm focusing on the issues that I think are significant in the country today, and that's why I'm here talking about jobs and Ohio."
It's not just a question of language, 3 days of personal attacks on a young college student and he faults the language?  Meaning that Romney agreed with Limbaugh's  general attack on Ms. Fluke but found Limbaugh's choice of words questionable.  Romney wants to bomb Iran, but he's afraid of Rush Limbaugh. 

Petition to Fire Limbaugh from Americans United

Tell Limbaughs advertisers; Stop supporting sexist attacks on women, Credo Petition 400,000+ signatures!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment