Sunday, July 1, 2012

Jay's Raspberry piecrust cookies

These cookies are delicious and a snap to make.  My good friend and culinary artist Jay, told me about making these cookies with ordinary pie crust and homemade raspberry sauce.  I haven't made cookies since my children grew up, but was anxious to try Jay's treat.  We used Trader Joe's raspberry jam and found them to be very tasty and unlike most cookies, not very sweet.  I sprinkled some Himalayan pink salt on the finished cookies, for an extra dash of flavor, my son and wife skipped the salt.

We rolled out half the pastry dough at a time, just like a pie crust and then spread about 1/4 cup of jam over the pie crust.  Gently roll up the crust, the long way and then slice them into 1/4" slices, top the cookies with a little extra dab of raspberry jam and space the cookies on parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. 
Link to pie crust recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment