Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cheesecake!!

First time the crust turned out pretty even
A couple of months ago, decided to make a cheesecake for I'm pretty sure the first time.  It was fun and since then I've made 6 or 7 of them.  I've tried several different recipes, but have been unable to bring myself to make any that call for 2 1/2 lbs of cream cheese, the heavy New York style.  This is my current favorite from the food network and my 4th time making this one.  The crust on the previous entries was very uneven, but they all tasted just as good.   It's light and very creamy wonderful with fresh strawberry or raspberry sauce.

The Ultimate Cheesecake
  • 1 pound cream cheese, 2 (8-ounce) blocks, softened
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 pint sour cream
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • 1 dash vanilla extract 
Similar to most of the comments on the recipe, we found it necessary to cook the cheesecake an additional 30 minutes more than the 45 minutes listed.  The water bath is annoying but haven't had a crust crack yet.  I'm told that a cracked crust is a NO NO, shrug.  Sometimes, it also takes more than 4 hours for it to fully set up, but it is a great recipe.  The only other change I make to the recipe is I use regular graham crackers and mash them up myself in a plastic bag and a rolling pin.  Freshly, crushed graham crackers have a delicious odor, that I just don't find from the boxed crumbs.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment