Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA)


"When someone is overextended and broke they don't continue paying for expensive automobiles, they sell the expensive automobiles and buy a cheaper one. They don't continue paying for country club dues, they drop out of the country club," Rep. Paul Broun (R-Ga.) said Wednesday on MSNBC.
If you thought republicans were out of touch with the average American.  Rep. Paul Broun will only reinforce your opinion.  Paying for country club dues?  I'm 61 and I've never paid for country club dues, neither have I known anyone who paid country club dues.  "Sell the expensive automobile and buy a cheaper one"?  Yeah, right.  I'll just sell my Porsche and buy a Lexus.  One solution to a financial problem that none of these republican elites ever mentions is raising income.  Many families I know, including our own family,  have had a situation where one or both parents had to take on an additional part-time job to raise revenues.  You can only cut so much and then you have to increase income.  No family I know would decide not to pay for school supplies or vaccinations for their children.  But the republicans, unlike average American families instead of raising taxes (raising income) will make public education, the elderly and the poor suffer. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment