Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Another Clueless Republican Running For Senator

Tom Smith, a tea party endorsed republican candidate for Senator in Pennsylvania, compares rape to having a child out of wedlock.

MARK SCOLFORO, ASSOCIATED PRESS: How would you tell a daughter or a granddaughter who, God forbid, would be the victim of a rape, to keep the child against her own will? Do you have a way to explain that?
SMITH: I lived something similar to that with my own family. She chose life, and I commend her for that. She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn’t have to.. she chose they way I thought. No don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t rape.
SCOLFORO: Similar how?
SMITH: Uh, having a baby out of wedlock.
SCOLFORO: That’s similar to rape?
SMITH: No, no, no, but… put yourself in a father’s situation, yes. It is similar. But, back to the original, I’m pro-life, period.

Mr. Smith is completely clueless on the differences between rape and a child born out of marriage.  He cites, a "father's view", most fathers would see a huge difference.  He also doesn't think a "women's view" is even worth mentioning.  But, he also notes that his daughter had a choice.  Mr. Smith wants to take away the choice his daughter had from the rest of America's women.  Mr. Smith is against abortion, period.  Mr. Smith calls himself Pro-Life, he is not, he is pro-birth, and pro-telling women what to do with their bodies. 
Mr. Smith another clueless republican, who wants to go to Washington in order to write and vote on our  laws.  We're not going to let him, right?  Register to vote, and cast your ballot in November.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: