Saturday, April 28, 2012

Obama Versus Romney; War and Peace





Mitt Romney on Bin Laden: (2007)
"it's not worth moving heaven and earth spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person.

 January 2008 GOP debate
 Question:  "Was the war in Iraq a good idea worth the cost in blood and treasure we have spent?"
Mitt Romney 
 "It was the right decision to go into Iraq. I supported it at the time; I support it now."
 Then Senator Barack Obama 2002 on Iraq war: (full speech transcript, NPR)
What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

No comments:

Post a Comment