Sunday, October 9, 2011

Occupy Seattle, 10/8/11

I atttended the Occupy Seattle event at the Westlake Center Saturday.  Contrary to many media reports, there is no lawlessness, anarchy, unwashed bodies, Stalinists, or freaks.   What I did find was the 99%.   It was a wonderful crowd, that I felt perfectly at home with.  People, were friendly, courteous and respectful.  A good mix of elderly (that would be me), young and middle aged made up the vast crowd.  The one demographic that I felt was a little underrepresented was the middle aged folks.  Perhaps they were too busy working two jobs and raising children while fighting with banks and health insurance companies to come and protest.
I was proud to "assemble" with these Americans and "petition the government to redress our grievances."

These wonderful ladies, came with their mother who is holding the sign on the right.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment