PERRY: Listen, America’s gone a long way from the standpoint of civil rights and thank God we have. I mean we’ve gone from a country that made great strides in issues of civil rights. I think we all can be proud of that. And as we go forward, America needs to be about freedom. It needs to be about freedom from overtaxation, freedom from over-litigation, freedom from over-regulation. And Americans regardless of what their cultural or ethnic background is they need to know that they can come to America and you got a chance to have any dream come true because the economic climate is gonna be improved."America needs to be about freedom... freedom from over-regulation" says Rick Perry? Governor Rick Perry has signed these laws into effect in his state of Texas restricting the freedom of women and over-regulating the medical care for women, even proscribing what women should hear and what doctors should say.
- The parent of a minor must consent and be notified before an abortion is provided.
- A woman must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.
- Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
- mandatory sonograms before abortions, including either listening to the fetal heartbeat, viewing the sonogram image or listening to the doctor verbally describe the images on the sonogram.
- waiting period of 24 hours between a sonogram and an abortion