PERRY: Listen, America’s gone a long way from the standpoint of civil rights and thank God we have. I mean we’ve gone from a country that made great strides in issues of civil rights. I think we all can be proud of that. And as we go forward, America needs to be about freedom. It needs to be about freedom from overtaxation, freedom from over-litigation, freedom from over-regulation. And Americans regardless of what their cultural or ethnic background is they need to know that they can come to America and you got a chance to have any dream come true because the economic climate is gonna be improved.
"America needs to be about freedom... freedom from over-regulation" says Rick Perry? Governor Rick Perry has signed these laws into effect in his state of Texas restricting the freedom of women and over-regulating the medical care for women, even proscribing what women should hear and what doctors should say.
- The parent of a minor must consent and be notified before an abortion is provided.
- A woman must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.
- Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
- mandatory sonograms before abortions, including either listening to the fetal heartbeat, viewing the sonogram image or listening to the doctor verbally describe the images on the sonogram.
- waiting period of 24 hours between a sonogram and an abortion
During the sonogram bill debate Texas Democratic state Representative Carol Alvarado wielded a trans-vaginal probe used for sonograms early in pregnancy and said: "This is government intrusion at its best,'' If this is an example of the Governors "freedom" and "freedom from regulation" explain again how your going to help Americans, Governor? Perhaps, he was referring to freedoms for corporations and men only.
Post a Comment