Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cheesecake!!

For the last two weeks I've been making cheesecake.  Trying different recipes has been great fun.  I've made the Kraft classic Italian cheesecake twice.  The recipe calls for 4 cups of Ricotta cheese, and is very mild tasting and not too sweet.  One of my favorite things about this recipe is the beautiful golden shaded crust that forms on the top of the cheesecake.  It's wonderful with fresh strawberry sauce.  This is my last creation fresh out of the springform pan.  By far it is the creamiest and richest tasting cheesecake of the bunch.  I hesitated trying any of the recipes that called for the cheesecake to be cooked in a waterbath.  However, the waterbath  was not much trouble at all and the results were splendid.  My favorite recipe so far can be found here.  Comments on the cooking time seem to vary quite a bit.  I accidentally turned off my oven when setting the timer.  The cheesecake cooked for about 30 minutes in a cooling oven, before the cook screamed,"****".  I cooked the cake for 45 minutes at the correct temperature and it turned out great.  Probably, could have cooked for another 15 minutes or so.    But for my gas range oven, I'll be cooking it at least 90 75 minutes next time and see how that works.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment